Friday, March 8, 2013

Week Three:

It took me a while to decide on a final concentration theme, but I think I've finally got it. I'm planning to take pictures of places that are deserted by humans in the beginning of the series, and then slowly progress to places that have traces of people, and finish off with places full of people. Whether it be a full ballet studio or a deserted hiking trail, I'll take a large picture of the area, and then take 2 to 5 macro shots showing tiny details about the place and combine them in to a collage or layer them in photoshop. This week I took a lot of pictures in the sun on a hiking trail, so I'll be posting those today. Also, I took a few really cool shots this morning when the whole town was covered in fog.

Here are the shots that I took the other morning. I was trying to portray a place that had just had a kid in it, but the kid had left. I'm not totally sure if I want to include these in my concentration, but if I do, I'll make the one of the full balloon floating in the street larger than the other two, and have them on top of each other on the right of the bigger picture.




Here are a few of the shots from a hike that I took on Indian Creek Trail. The light was perfect, and I found a lot of manmade things that were rusted and deserted. I can't decide between the two pictures of the trail; I really like the lens flare in the top picture, but if it looks unprofessional I can remove it in photoshop. What do you guys think?

I'll probably end up taking a few more pictures and adding them in to the final collage in photoshop, but these are the good ones that I ended up with.






I went out on the trail during class on Thursday and took a lot of pictures. They have the same kind of feeling as the above pictures, but they seem more natural and peaceful. 






Finally, here are the pictures that I want to end my concentration with. I think that they show how people and nature can connect and make each other better. 









2 comments:

  1. Your balloon shots are amazing! You've used contrast of color vs. low saturation to create emphasis on the lonely balloon. I think the three will look great as a photo story. These are really your stronges pieces so far; you've had a breakthrough! I think one thing I would work on is making sure you have interesting compositions in every photo. The detail shots of the rusted metal objects and buds on trees are often centered or just photographed right at regular eye level. I would try to create more dynamic compositions through unusual eye levels and close cropping to create movement in and off the page. I think your new idea is a great match for you and I look forward to seeing your new work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the first balloon picture!! I also really like the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th image of the indian creek trail! Your images turned out a lot better than mine.They give a beauty to lonelyness and abandonment.

    ReplyDelete