Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week Two (cont.):

Here are a few pictures from a road trip that I took over the summer with my family. They bring in a feeling of family togetherness and also show how open and beautiful rural landscapes can be, which is something that I'm definitely trying to portray in my concentration. This series is proving to be a lot harder than it seemed originally, because getting my family or a group of friends together over the weekend, when all of them are working or doing homework is next to impossible. I'm hoping to take my younger sisters on a hike this weekend, if the weather is nice, and take some pictures that represent the love and friendship between siblings.



 



 
 
I edited the second picture from the top using the rainbow tutorial in my previous post. It's rough, but I got the basic idea of how to use this tool in photoshop so that I'll be able to apply it to pictures in my final concentration if I want.
 




7 comments:

  1. Hi! I really enjoy your family pictures! Looks like you were having fun. I enjoy the rainbow picture. It's very blended! Can't wait to use your tutorials! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to post at the end of the week so I know you've worked all work. If you post midweek, be sure to also post the last day of class that week. These are pretty landscapes with gorgeous light and nice space. How are you going to take these beyond just pretty landscapes? You could do photo stories with a sense of place that is the PLACE is the star rather than a person. You could do a landscape shot and then add smaller macro detail shots on the sides in photo stories. You would then show the viewer both expansive beauty and intimate details. You might have better luck with this since you won't have to rely on people for your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I really like your photo story idea. I'm not sure how I could do ten interesting photos of landscapes, but we live in such a beautiful place I would probably be able to. My idea for doing a series on family isn't working out because of how little my family is actually together, so I've been considering other ideas a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the landscape pictures you took! It reminds me of when my family and I go on hikes together becuase we love the outdoors. The shots of the canyons are breath-taking I must say! Maybe a few pictures with a different point of view would be really cool? Either way, I enjoy looking at your pictures. I think they look very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rainbow editing you did looks really professional! I thought that rainbow was actually part of the photo! These photos are great landscape photos with a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picture on the rainbow. you did a great job in your landscape pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really good photos, the lighting is just right for bringing out the features in both the landscape and the people in it.

    ReplyDelete