Monday, February 25, 2013

Week Two:

Over the weekend I spent a lot of time brainstorming ideas for my concentration series because my original idea ended up being too dark for me to concentrate on for six whole weeks. My new idea is to do a series on growing up in a rural town like Hood River. I love photographing both kids and nature, and in this series I'll get to do both. Once the weather clears up, I have a photoshoot planned with a two year old who will be the beginning of my concentration. I'll focus on scenery around The Gorge and how beautiful of a place our home is, while also bringing in ideas like parental love and friendship. I haven't taken any pictures yet this week, but I found a really cool website with a million photoshop tutorials that I'll use at some point during my concentration.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/

I really liked their tutorial on selective coloring, which is something that I've always wondered how to do.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/selective-coloring/

So, I tried it out on an old photo of mine, just for practice. The edges are a little rough, but once I have a picture I want to use this technique on, I'll spend more time making it perfect.

 
Another tutorial I was interested in was one about adding rays of sunlight in to a picture. This could be useful while photographing sunrises or sunsets because it's an easy way to add something to the photograph that is hard to capture, especially here in The Gorge when sun is so scarce.
 
 
I also found a few more natural looking tutorials which I look forward to using as I begin editing my images.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All of these tutorials will help my pictures to look more natural and cheerful. By Friday I'll have pictures taken and ready to edit using these techinques. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like all of these tutorials! I looked through all of them and thought the selective color and sunset were really cool! I might end up useing them in my concentration. :)

    ReplyDelete