Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week One:

Over the weekend, I experimented with the actual subject matter of my series. I started out by taking a few pictures of empty pointe shoes in front of a mirror, which brought out a feeling of dejection and giving up. Originally, I had wanted to focus on the life of and pressure on a serious dancer in highschool. But then I opened my medicine cabinet to find some advil, and I found bottles of prescription medication. This got me thinking, and I decided to focus more on drug addiction that results from too much pressure in my concentration rather than just the actual pressure.


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Great job getting your blog started and pictures posted right away. I think the pointe shoe imagery is subtle yet effective at communicating your ideas. There might be confidentiality issues with the information viewable on the pill bottles, so maybe there is a more subtle way you could convey that imagery. I would remove those images from the blog.Your original pill photo from your breadth final was a less direct image that still told a compelling story. Maybe you could use that image in your series and replace it with something else in your breadth section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you're trying to show us, that dancing is a lot of hard work and pain. I like how the picture with pills is giving us an "oh, this person is in a lot of pain." It's well done.

    ReplyDelete